Choose the Red Carpet VIP Experience for Fast and Dramatic Shifts
June 16, 2015
If you’re one of the first 20 people to claim a spot, you’ll get the added bonus of attending a private cocktail reception at my home the night before the event begins. (I’ll even send a car and driver to pick you up at your hotel!) Get full details here…
When you opt for the Red Carpet VIP experience, you’ll receive:
- Interview on the Red Carpet: This is your opportunity to get interviewed on a real Red Carpet, Expert Celebrity™ Style. You will be able to use the interview for your website, YouTube, eBook… and a lot of other strategies I’ll be sharing with you. (The interview will happen on Day 3. So don’t worry – you’ll have plenty of time to learn, practice and hone what you want to say before you’re in front of the camera!) (A $500 Minimum Value)
- Professionally videotaped on the Red Carpet: The VIP Red Carpet video will be an excellent opportunity for you to generate social media followers, as well as use on your online media kit. (This would normally cost you over $1,500 to produce professionally.) (A $1,500 Minimum Value)
- “Paparazzi” taking photographs of you: This is your chance to have paparazzi taking pictures of you Expert Celebrity™ style. It’s the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your social media author platform & marketing…in real time! (A $250 Minimum Value)
- Bonus LIVE Q & A Lunch Session with Ruth: I’ll join you LIVE for one of the lunches exclusive to RED Carpet VIP Ticket holders. I’ll share with you even more personal insights on book marketing, business strategies and more media attraction ideas. This is an incredible opportunity to soak up my first-hand, behind-the-scenes details of how I run my high multi-six figure business! (A $250 Minimum Value)
The Unknown Face of Islam
June 12, 2015
Dr. Ruth’s new book – With Ruth Klein BookEXPO NY May 2015 The #ExpertCelebrity http://bit.ly/1HPVxaR
Branding Makes the Difference!
June 9, 2015
A clear, consistent author brand can make the difference between writing as an amateur & writing as a professional with a career. #RuthKlein http://bit.ly/1HPVxaR
Something new is coming and it’s…
June 4, 2015
If you’ve written a book (or are thinking about writing a book)…and want to make more money and stop being the best kept secret – watch your inbox next week.
I have something new and I’m very excited to be sharing it with you.
Watch this space next week. (2nd Week of June 2015)
Here’s to Your Brand & Your Brilliance,
6 Things you need to think about when pitching your book to Literary Agents and Publishers
April 16, 2015
This is a perfect time of year to pitch your book to literary agents and publishers.
Book Expo America is coming up May 27th – 29th at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. Whether you’ll be attending the New York Book Expo or a much smaller book festival, there are several strategies that you will want to know before you pitch your book, whether it’s fiction or non-fiction!
I want to share the six book pitching strategies that I shared with a room full of writers most recently at the Los Angeles Writer’s Conference. In fact, we kept adding more authors, even after we “closed” the session several times.
Don’t forget: agents must feel that they can sell your book and publishers must feel that they will receive their financial investment back from publishing your book. Anyone who has self-published their book understands that a good quality book that has been professionally edited can easily cost $5,000 – $10,000.
I have two strategies for you under Mental Preparation and four strategies for Physical Presentation.
Be PROUD of your book and its message/story.
- Confidently pitch your book idea. Your message/story needs to get out into the world. No more playing small!
- Know that agents and publishers are always looking for manuscripts to buy! Yes, you read correctly. Agents and publishers depend on writers to make a living. And, when you have an excellent pitch that is organized, catches the attention and interest of the agent or publisher and you have developed a good brand and platform…they are all ears.
Create a 60-second pitch that includes CREDIBILITY & CELEBRITY!
- Overview the book’s message in an interesting way, including the problem your book solves, brings to light or engage and entertains.
- Who are you? I know this may sound funny, but you MUST have a clear and unique Brand when pitching to agents and publishers. You must show them that your book is unique, no matter what the topic or who the characters are.
- Why are YOU the best person to write this book? Literary Agents and Book Publishers need to know why you are writing this book and why you are the best person to do so…in 60 seconds or less, what is your book about, why are you the person to write it and how do you know it will sell….and the publisher will get their investment back?
- How many people do you have access to? Hint: What type of following do you have? Yes, social media is important. But here’s the great news…agents and publishers really don’t look at the “quality” of your fan base…they are only interested in the final numbers. This is the time to really build up your social media following.
One last thought: Keep pitching until you get a deal…rejections only mean that it’s time to pitch to another agent or publisher!
Every year I do a pitching workshop the first day of the New York Book Expo in New York City. If you are interested in a complimentary 30 minute book pitching strategy, please go here and fill out the questionnaire.
Writer’s Discovery Session questionnaire
Here’s to Your Book & Your Brilliance!